Saturday, October 06, 2007

D-Day!

We're home! We got discharged from the hospital yesterday and brought our baby boy home! I'm going to try and update with the hundreds of pictures we have from the last few days, starting with Delivery Day, October 3.
Still pregnant...

We arrived at the hospital at 7am and they started my pitocin to induce labor around 8:30. I had countless fears about an epidural, and decided to go into this day with an open mind. I didn't want my epidural as soon as I walked in the door, but I didn't want to be so miserable that I couldn't enjoy the birth of my son either. The early part of labor wasn't that bad, but after my water broke, I knew I needed pain relief. Mallory and I prayed together before we decided on the epidural, and it was amazing the peace that came over me. My nurse was great and very reassuring. I got the epidural around 1pm, and he was born at 4:32- very fast labor for a first time mom!






Mallory and I joked that since I had such a rough pregnancy, I was able to enjoy labor (as much as you can, I guess). Honestly, it wasn't that bad. I was just so relieved not to be pregnant anymore!!!!
Rough pregnancy + easy labor + sweet baby boy = I'll have another baby! Everyone says you forget all the bad stuff of pregnancy once your baby arrives. I don't know if I have forgotten it, but I definetly feel like all my months of puking was worth it. And I'm SO THANKFUL he's healthy!!!
Dr. Nett, who delivered John Mark. She is the BEST ob doctor in Louisville. Hands down.
I am so proud of Mallory for all the great pictures he took. We debated having someone else in the room with us, but we both really wanted it to be celebrated between just the two of us. I am the family photographer, so we had a practice session several days before with the camera. He came through with flying colors and I am so happy!
Proud new parents and grandparents

5 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Yes, Mal - thanks for the photos!! And Amy, you look far more peaceful and relaxed than most I-just-gave-birth photos.

Now keep it up and keep us posted with more photos of John Mark now that you're at home!

The Hudgins said...

how adorable! enjoy this incredible time. and you look great. glad you had an easy delivery! thinking of you guys--

Rebecca said...

Awww...I'm glad you had an easy time with it. He is still adorable! Mallory did a good job with the pictures.
I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations once again!

Love ya!

Ashley said...

I would like to say that you have the best post-birth pictures that I have ever seen. Did you have a little hair and make-up session before you took pictures? Seriously girl,the first thing I thought when I looked at your pics was how good you looked.
How is the first week going?

Anonymous said...

He is adorable! Hopefully I'll get to meet him when I am home at Christmas. I'll be there for about 10 days, so let's try and make it happen--would love to see you! Congrats again!