I know we haven't posted many pictures of the new house; sorry. The kitchen was 1/2 painted yellow with sponge paint on top. I know sponge paint may be a little dated, but I really liked this pattern. The previous owners knew the color of the base coat, but the sponged part was a mystery. I went to Lowe's and got several swatches and tried to match it as best I could. My friend Brooke from church came over and helped with the sponging. I think it matches really well; what do you all think?


This desk has had quite the journey! Originally, it was my desk as a little girl. It was white with green knobs and I used to do my homework/talk on the phone/write notes to my friends while seated at this trusty piece of furniture. When we came to Louisville, I brought it with me and painted it red. It was in our apartment and then our home as a sofa table/entertainment center. See a photo of that here. When we moved here, the red didn't work, so I painted it green. I also got new knobs from Ace Hardware's Going Out of Business sale for $0.75 each! What a steal! It's also come full circle and now back to its original purpose- a desk again.

And finally, I need an opinion on this window. I love this thing- I found it with my friend Jenn at a consignment store for less than $10! I can't decide if I should put fabric behind it and place photos inside (vertical 8x10s would work great, but we have lots of photos around the house already) or make a curtain and hang a rod to give a different look. What are your thoughts?

And finally, I need an opinion on this window. I love this thing- I found it with my friend Jenn at a consignment store for less than $10! I can't decide if I should put fabric behind it and place photos inside (vertical 8x10s would work great, but we have lots of photos around the house already) or make a curtain and hang a rod to give a different look. What are your thoughts?

6 comments:
What about mirrors in the window frame? Or one large photo from somewhere special to you?
Oooh, I like Kari's idea. A big outdoors photo would be great...it would make it look like you were looking outside...but not! You could still do a rod and curtains too.
Thanks for your opinions. I have researched poster prints and can't find one big enough! The largest size is 20x30 and this window would require a 44x30 print. Do you think it would look stupid to have open space on the ends (equilaterally all around, of course!)?
amy,
this post makes me miss you...remember how much fun it was to decorate/re decorate our little New orleans apartments?
awwww, the memories....
i love what you've done with your place! and i love the idea of a poster print for the frame.
i dont think it would look stupid to have open space on the ends...but keep looking...you may find one big enough. could get pricy though.
miss you guys.
t
http://us.posterxxl.com/cgi-bin/xxl.cgi?c=us&s=kovusposterprint
found a site....Pricy though.
i love the mirror idea as well as the one big photo.. or maybe paiting on tiles and making a tile art in it. or look at some of the decorating shows on hdgtv
erin
Post a Comment