That being said, one thing that has been extremely different with Baby Girl is the Nesting Syndrome. I never experienced this with John Mark because, like I said, I laid on the couch all nine months. I am very thankful for this burst of energy, but wish I could reign it in at times. So, to avoid another batch of waffles tonight, I thought I'd post my progress. Maybe photos of these completed projects will come soon!
- Caught up on ALL of the ironing. Ironing is my least favorite chore. I'd rather clean toilets. Mallory had a 3-day training in Lexington, KY, so I took advantage of the two nights alone to do his ironing. Man, was he surprised when he opened his closet! I ironed 17 dress shirts, table linens, 5 of John Mark's shirts, plus a few of my own.
- Take non-maternity clothes that are out of style to the consignment store. I did this the same week as the ironing. It will be nice when I'm back to pre-pregnancy size to not have to worry with what's stylish and what's not.
- Stock the freezer. While I was ironing, I was also pouring batter into the waffle iron. I've been inspired by this website to get a stash of food in the freezer. Crystal is also pregnant (3 weeks ahead of me) and I love her recipes. They are cheap and healthy! I made over 40 waffles during the ironing fiasco. I must confess that we have eaten some since then, so I will have to make more before Baby Girl arrives. I have many recipes that are on my "to-freeze" list, and I've also been stocking up on frozen veggies when they're on sale.
- Clean out all the closets. I really don't understand how I had two (quite successful, I might add) yard sales last year and still have all this stuff. The garage now has a "yard sale" section, which will take place in April. I may be nesting, but I'm NOT doing a yard sale in the snow! It's been great to organize everything and be able to see the floor and shelves in all our closets! I've cleared out over half of John Mark's closet to make room for his sister (more on the room sharing later).
- Burn photos to CD and clean out the computer desk. I have gone through each of our files and shredded (in our FREE shredder from Grandma) unnecessary documents. I've combined random CDs with a few photos into one large file. I am burning CDs right now as I type this post with photos from 2007. I plan to make two copies of each CD for both sets of parents (just in case of a catastrophe... like another hurricane!).
Still-to-do List:
- Sew burp cloths to match the recieving blankets from Grandma and Mom. I am so blessed to have family that loves to make things. They are so meaningful, and I would never dream of yard selling handmade items from family! Grandma and Mom and I went fabric shopping over Christmas and I've gotten a little extra to put on the burp cloths!
- Scan recipes and craft ideas and old pictures to a folder on my computer. This is a work in progress. I've been collecting magazine clippings and handwritten recipes and craft ideas for a while. They are in a huge binder and I'm working on putting them all on the computer. My parents brought two huge boxes full of photos from high school and college. I also plan to put these all on the computer, and sell the dated photo albums in the yard sale!
- Clean out the garage. This is a project that must wait until it's warmer, since our garage is only about 5 degrees warmer than outside. And these days, that's pretty cold! When it does warm up, I plan to put all John Mark's baby clothes into space bags. I've already done the 0-6 mos and it's amazing how these things really do compact down! I also plan to pull out all the gender neutral items that I can use for our daughter.
- Make a curtain for the kitchen window and hang vases. I asked for help in decorating many months ago, but still haven't done much to this area. I have, however, decided what I want and I have all the supplies. It's now a matter of setting up the sewing machine and getting it done.
Maybe I should add "Post pictures of clean closets, garage, and other nesting accomplishments to blog." More than anything, I'm just thankful to be feeling so good! What a change from last time!
2 comments:
Hi - I'm Kari's sister-in-law. That is an unbelievably impressive list. And you did all that with a 16-month underfoot! If I have children...I hope I get bursts of energy and inspiration like you!!
Happy Nesting!
Kate
I am so inspired by your to-do list. You go girl.
Post a Comment