Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Big Move



This is a long-awaited post that is somewhat retroactive. I failed and avoided to mention to our readers that we were moving to Florida.


Saying good-bye to the Dreyer family on Tuesday night. Hope and John Mark are one month apart in age and good friends. Brooke, Hope's mom, has been a great friend to me. Their family will be dearly missed.

This is a move that started over last Christmas with some conversations between Mallory and I. After much, much, MUCH prayer, we pursued this further with a trip to Orlando in late March, where Mal found out he could transfer his insurance job to the Orlando office. Many of you know that he resigned from the ministry last September. We felt led to stay in Madison for a while to continue to minister to the youth and be a part of the body of our church. While that was a difficult decision, it was necessary for our growth in Christ.

This is the Roberts family (with our kids). They are the most loving, giving, caring people I have ever met. They have been there for us more times than I can count. I was priveledge to teach their girls, Ashley and Emily, in Sunday School. What a blessing they are to us!
Mr. Holly (AKA Uncle Holly) entertained John Mark during the move by reading magazines.

We learned so much during our time in Madison, Indiana. And although it was so short, our spiritual growth was tremendous, our marriage blossomed, and our understanding of God's will was solidified. We loved our church family, and it was the most difficult good-bye we had to say. What a joy it was to serve the Lord with those people. I truly mean that, and I'm not just saying it because I know many of them read this blog.

John Mark and Hillarie, who is four months older than him. She is a loving, affectionate, 100% girly girl. John Mark even wore Hillarie's pajamas one night when he got chocolate all over his clothes and I failed to send an extra outfit!


Leslie, Hillarie's mom. She and I became good friends. She and Brooke hosted a baby shower for me earlier this year. She is a dear friend who I will miss greatly.

So, last Saturday, the moving truck came to our home. We left shortly after that and headed to Orlando. We are temporarily living with Mallory's parents until our house sells. They have been so gracious to accomodate our family during this transitional period. We are praying that the house sells soon, and covet your prayers in this area.


These generous ladies (Nancy, Nathalie, Carol) cleaned our house as the movers cleared out rooms. What a help that was- especially since the realtor called in the middle of it all and wanted to show the house!

The kids did great on the move. We sang many verses of "Old Macdonald" and "This Little Light of Mine" on the drive down, but John Mark was content and Amelia was find as long as her tummy was full!
There are so many people to thank from RRBC. I'm sorry that I didn't take a photo of everyone who dropped by to help in one way or another. But, we are truly grateful for all of the doughnuts (Thanks, Jamie), plastic bags, meals, boxes, bubble wrap, and most of all, the prayers. It will be difficult to find another church family as loving as you all.
This move was originallly supposed to take place over July 1-2. However, the truck came early and we were able to avoid the 4th of July traffic. Sorry I didn't get to update everyone earlier.

Again, I apologize for the retroactivity (is that a word?) of this post, but hey, better late than never, eh?

We are thrilled to be closer to family, sad to leave a church we loved, but confident that God is Sovereign and we are following His will for our family. Thanks for all your support and prayers.

Mallory starts work July 16, so we will be doing some fun "stay-cations" as a family until then. More pics to come soon!

4 comments:

S and K said...

Wow, that was soon. I knew you guys were thinking of moving. It will be great to be near family though. Hope all goes well in the transition and selling of your house.

~allison~ said...

Wow Amy! Y'all keep adding new adventures to your life! I hope the move went smoothly. My sister lives in Orlando and we were actually there this past weekend while y'all were moving!! We just got home yesterday. Keep us posted on things are going!!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Praying for you guys during this time of transition. Thanks for the post. Praise the Lord for his Body serving you guys during your moving day. Smoother moving than the last one, aye? ;) We love you guys and look forward to seeing/hearing of your life in FL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the move. I hope you enjoy Florida. Keep us posted on your new adventures.