Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sesame Street Live!




Grandpa & GG (Mal's mom and dad) bought us tickets to see Sesame Street Live for John Mark's birthday. Yesterday, we went to the UCF arena to see the show. I had been talking it up all week with John Mark, and I think he started to understand that something special was happening on Saturday. (Granted, the week before, I had been talking about his party all week... so now, maybe he will expect a special event every Saturday! Uh oh!)

This is an Elmo toy that spins and lights up. Some friends gave this to John Mark for his birthday and he really likes it. It was a hit at the show when the lights would go dim. Thanks, Brinley and Sophia!

Our seats were wonderful! The characters walked right by us and we enjoyed being so close. I think if we had actually touched the characters John Mark would have been terrified. He had the stunned, deer-in-the-headlights look the first 20 minutes of the show.

We had a blast! I was really impressed with how well-done the show was. I got all sentimental and nostalgic when Big Bird (who was the star of Sesame Street when I was a kid- since when did Elmo take over?!?!) came out and started singing, "Sunny days, sweepin' the clouds away..."
Cookie Monster and Ernie are the favorites right now, with Elmo coming in a close second. We have more Elmo stuff than anything, since he's so popular, but John Mark really, really likes Ernie.
Did you know they renamed Cookie Monster the Foodie Monster? In Sesame Street Live he was still Cookie Monster, but on the show and in the books he's Veggie Monster! I guess too many kids thought they could live on cookies alone.

1 comment:

S and K said...

I didn't know they still have Sesame Street Live. I went to one when I was about 4 years old...fun times!