Friday, November 27, 2009

Before and After

I always loved the home decorating shows that had a before and after part. I picked up these pieces of furniture for $8 and $5, and the coffee table was free on the side of the road.



Look what some sandpaper, paint, knobs and sweat can do!!!

This piece was $5 at a yard sale. It needed new baseboards around the bottom.

This was $8 at a yard sale. Dad put some narrow trim around each drawer to give it a little character. One drawer was damaged and we repaired that, too. (This is a poor picture, I know. For some reason, John Mark really wanted to be in this photo so I was having trouble keeping the camera steady.)


This was free on the side of the road. It had some gross smells to it, but once sanded off the finish, they were gone. The drawer was missing, so dad remade a "fake" drawer to cover the hole.
What else did we do? Oh, a little Thanksgiving baking, cleaned out the kids closet, unpacked my winter clothes, packed up the fall decor and unpacked the Christmas stuff, and partially organized the garage! Don't forget entertaining two kids!!! Whew! What a productive week with my parents!

No comments: