Sunday, February 07, 2010

This week's crafts...

This week I've been quite crafty as one friend had a baby and I had another baby shower to attend.

So, for Bridget and Nicole I made a pouch sling, using the video on this website. (It's so easy!) I carried Amelia in one of these (see the picture at the top of our blog) until she was literally falling out. I got an Ergo carrier for Christmas and love it!



Also made Bridget one of these nursing covers, similar to the ones on this website. This and the sing are probably my two "must-have" baby items. They rank right next to the carseat in my mind. I still use my nursing cover for Amelia.


I found this pattern for baby bibs on Jill's website (which is an excellent craft blog, by the way, even if she is a LDS Mormon). I love the idea of backing them with a tericloth towel- I used an old one that we no longer needed. I think I'll make some for John Mark and Amelia too!




The burp cloths were from a pattern I had for Amelia. I'm not sure where I found the pattern- I honestly think I searched and then drew my own. I don't fray my edges like Jill does- I didn't have good luck with that. I like them more finished on the edges.
Nicole's baby shower gift basket.
A Valentine's Day wreath I made using this tutorial.
And if that tutorial isn't enough for you, there is a video explanation here. This was SUPER easy- John Mark even helped me fold the circles! I love the way it turned out!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You are so crafty...it makes me wish I was more creative. The extent of my creativity is that I can do a decent scrapbook. Maybe one day I'll learn how to sew...I certainly love all the handmade baby things people have given to us!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Amazing, Amy...simply amazing. I love how crafty you are....what a great way to save money too! Thanks for the inspiration :0

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Your wreath looks so great! Good job. Thanks so much for the link. I love seeing your finished projects!

Us said...

Amy, I love it!!! Thanks for sharing! I hope you guys are doing well. We miss you! Oh, and random question, what was the name of the supplement you used when nursing to increase supply? just trying to think of everything i might need before long!!