Sunday, March 14, 2010

Waffles for Wedding, Part 3: The Finale!

I couldn't go another day without giving you a final count on the Waffles for Wedding saga. (Go here for part 1 and here for part 2 if you are behind.) I finished with 243 waffles. A little shy of 300, I know, but Traci assured me that 243 would be enough. And it was.

I had 6 waffle makers total, one of which made 6 waffles at a time. However, when I got more than 3 heated, I kept tripping the breakers. So, I considered making waffles in the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen, all at the same time, but realized that was silly and I'd probably spill batter on the carpet. So, I dropped down to three waffle irons and kept a steady pace.
I froze them all in plastic ziploc bags, and our freezer was so packed full that I had to dump out our ice (we don't have an automatic ice maker). So, for a few days we had no ice, but we managed to drink everything African style (that's without ice for all of you who haven't been to Africa).

I am so grateful to all the ladies at church who let me borrow their waffle irons, and to my sweet husband who would keep the kids while i made all these waffles. And, to all the wedding guest who ate them and enjoyed them! I had a blast doing it and I am so thankful Traci included me in her wedding festivities!

No comments: