Before I start into 2007, I should say that I failed to mention my friend Andrea's wedding in October of 2006. I actually attempted to upload a picture of them and for whatever reason, it failed. Then I forgot about it when I was adding the text. So, Andrea and Harry, you were a highlight of 2006, too! I remember Andrea coming to our apartment in January of 06 (right after we moved in) and telling us about Harry. She asked Mallory for his advice on getting into a relationship with him, and 9 months later, they were married!
Watching Florida win the 2006 National Championship (on TV, unfortunately not in person)
2007 started with a house search for us! Our lease was coming to an end on our apartment, and we didn't want to pay the increase in rent. I had a good friend who was a realtor and she helped us out tremendously in our search for a home.
The morning of February 14, we closed on this house.
It needed a lot of work and if you go through our archives, you'll be able to see the before and after pictures of this home that was brought into the 21st century!
A baby was coming- October 7 was the due date!
I really don't have many photos from the next few months because I was really, really, really sick. I lost so much weight that I didn't look pregnant until August (and John Mark was born in October!).
Mallory got a big surprise on his birthday- a Nintendo Wii (this was when they were impossible to find!)
We spent the next few weeks getting the nursery ready for our little boy! This photo was taken the night before he arrived!
John Mark Gabriel, born October 3, 2007
A friend at our church took these photos that I still love today.
Mallory won a cruise through his insurance sales job and we all got a free trip to the Bahamas! John Mark tagged along and was wonderful the whole trip!
At the end of 2007, we sold our house, and moved to Madison, Indiana. Mallory accepted a position as Associate Pastor at Ryker's Ridge Baptist Church and we house-sat for a church member for the next six months.
Tomorrow, 2008 brings another house purchase and John Mark growing from a newborn to an infant to a toddler! See you tomorrow!!!!









1 comment:
This is such a fun idea, Amy! I love reading your reviews. I can't believe you guys will celebrate 5 years of marriage...seems like I was just meeting you in Africa a couple years ago!
Post a Comment