Thursday, July 15, 2010

Upcoming Blog Changes

After many weeks of discussion, Mallory and I have decided to make this blog private. What that means is that you will have to register and request an invitation to view this blog. These changes will take effect August 1.

Although nothing has "happened", we just want to have more privacy, particulary with photos of our children and home. I don't want to stop posting here, for the sake of family who live far away, so I will continue to post regular updates about our lives here that registered individuals can view.

While I am making this announcement, I should tell you that we are (hopefully!) closing on a house soon. Our house-hunting process in Florida has lasted for more than a year and quit being fun long ago. But, if all goes as planned, we will be in a new home come September. I would like to post more detailed photos of the home here, but I will wait until this blog goes private.

I will start a new blog (website to be revealed soon) which will showcase many of my craft and sewing projects, as well as things that are not of a private nature.

While I have been blogging for several years, I have no idea how a private blog works. If one of my fellow blogger friends could help me understand how I grant requests to view the blog, I would greatly appreciate it.

6 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

It's very simple.

Click in Settings, then Permissions. Select only people I choose. You can then send email invites and set a PW.

VoilĂ !

Amy said...

Kari,

Thanks for that tip. So, if someone visited my blogsite after it was private, could they request an invite by clicking a link there? I guess i'm asking if there's a way to have people ask me for an invite instead of me inputing addresses?

S and K said...

I've thought about making mine private as well. I would like to have permission to still view your blog so please send us an email spencerandkari07@gmail.com You've got some great crafts...I will enjoy reading about them on the new blog!

Mrs. T. said...

Count me in. :)

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Where's My Dream Life? said...

Hi Amy! I just visited your blog for the first time, and I think I had full access to everything. I don't know if you already made it private or changed your mind, but I don't think it's private right now. :) See you Sunday!