We had a great trip to Birmingham the week of Labor Day. The kids and I drove up the week prior, and then Mallory was able to fly up and be with us for the weekend. It was a wonderful visit- we spent time with family, friends, and just relaxed. What a nice (and much-needed!) break from unpacking and house cleaning!
Here's several photos from our trip, in no particular order.
Amelia and Grandma Mathews playing together
Traci and I at the Summit. We met her and Josh there for lunch on Monday.
We had a playdate with my friends from Samford, Jenn and Lauren. Between the three of us, there are six children now, two of which were sleeping during this photo.
Me, Jenn and Lauren. Jenn's oldest, Rollins, took this photo! I am impressed with a 3 year old's photography skills.
We spent many afternoons at the park, and at the Gardendale Splash Pad. Here is my mom with both kids. John Mark is wearing shorts made by Grandma Mathews. She also made a hat to match but he was in a "mood" and wouldn't put the hat on.
We spent some very cool and refreshing days on Granny and Granddaddy's back porch.
The weather was SO NICE! One day it dropped into the 80's and it felt like fall to me! I've been hearing my Alabama family and friends talk about how hot it was up there all summer, and while I don't doubt that there were some hot days, at least they got a break for Labor Day weekend! My personal opinion on the Florida weather is that it's really not hotter than Alabama, but the summer just lasts SO MUCH LONGER. It starts in April and doesn't end until October. That has been very difficult for this Alabama-raised-lived-in-the-mid-west-for-four-years-prior girl to get used to about Central Florida.
High-Fives with Granddaddy Giles
Photo shoot in Grandma's Garden. Amelia is wearing a dress handmade by Grandma Mathews.
I love this girl!
Adorable.
Amelia and Grandma Mathews on her balcony (AKA the Botanical Gardens!)
Grandma's Granddaughters
(Minus Delila, who is a welcome granddaughter by marriage)
Lunch at the Summit with Josh and Traci
Walking around at the Summit
These days, John Mark will hardly go outside without his sunglasses. HE LOVES THEM!
I love how blue his eyes look in this picture!
3 comments:
Great pictures Amy, and I love seeing all your family in them!
Amelia's hand-made dress is so cute! I wish I could sew...
Looks like you had a good time! I look forward to seeing photos of your house!
I love these photos! What a sweet, happy family.
Post a Comment