This past week we made the plunge and bought a minivan! Our black SUV finally bit the dust, so we were going to have to buy something. I am so thankful that we got a minivan! What a blessing it is to have room for more than four in a car, and have individual bucket seats for the kids, and other bells and whistles we didn't have in our SUV- like an automatic transmission, or a good AC, etc.
The Lord really used the previous year to show His provision to us in mighty ways, as well as to teach me contentment. A year ago, a minivan was not even on the radar screen. But God graciously provided the means to pay CASH for this minivan because we waited on His timing. A year ago, we started our lives in Central Florida in a rental house. I was never a fan of renting, but God showed me that His plans are greater than my own, and provided a way for us to purchase our own home- my dream home- less than a year later. It's been a wild year for us, and I hope to share more about how much He has provided for us in the coming months.

I feel so undeserving of this minivan. It has more than we need. I remember my mother driving a 2-door Datsun (with no AC, if I remember right) until my sister and I were 7 and 5 years old. Can you imagine getting two kids in and out of a two door coupe? With no AC? Thank goodness my brother decided to come along in 1987, and we upgraded to a minivan then.
I am grateful, both for the provision of a minivan back in my childhood, and also now.

I must confess. This is not my first minivan. I had one in high school. Yes, high school. The same minivan that my parents bought when brother Matt was born in 1987 was my first car in 1996. My friends made fun of me, but I always had plenty of room for friends to ride, and I had more windows to decorate at homecoming every year! Thankfully, I did not drive that van to college!
1 comment:
yay! now you can be cool like me! ;)
only the coolest people drive mini vans.
Post a Comment