I (Amy) was offered several "hospital" jobs here in Louisville. I knew when we re-located here that I did not want to work in a hospital, but after endless searching of pediatrician's offices, school nurse options, etc., my search ended with hospital interviews. Mallory and I continued to pray that the Lord would provide a job for me that would allow me to be free on Sundays. In New Orleans, I worked every other weekend and it really took a toll on our church involvement. Last Wednesday, I interviewed with a company called Integrity Health, a pediatric home health agency that treats acute and short-term illness after hospital discharge. It was so closely related to my work in Lesotho that I was thrilled about the potential. I got a phone call yesterday that the job was being offered to me!!! What an honor! I start on Monday and am so excited!!!!

I will be doing a lot of driving to see my patients, so we decided it was wise to purchase a new car. We were given this wonderful Nissan Pathfinder just a week after the Hurricane by generous family members. It has been a great car during this transitional time, but we were putting way too many miles on it. So, we said "good-bye".

Our entire car experience took place at CarMax. It was wonderful! Our "consultant" was so very helpful and non-pressuring. We recommend it to any of you who are looking for a used vehicle.
We finally decided on a Kia Optima, a mid-sized car with great gas mileage, and some nice bonuses (good sound system, etc.) Mallory soon became good friends with our consultant, Jeff, and they plan to play raquetball together later this month.

Signing the papers.

Handing over the keys!!!

Our first major vehicle purchase. How exciting!
In the midst of this great endeavor, it started to snow! Kentucky (and really all of the mid-west) has experienced a warmer than average winter season. So the Floridian and Alabamian were thrilled to see a blanket of white!! The snow continued throughout the evening, and accumulated about 2.5 inches at our home. Mallory loves this '85 Buick--so for a Florida boy, snow made this car even more beautiful.

Before purchasing the car, we had Florida plates on the Pathfinder, Alabama plates on the Buick (on loan from Amy's dad), and both of us have Louisiana Driver's Licenses. The Kia now has a temporary Kentucky plate, the Buick will keep it's Alabama plate, and we are changing our licenses this week. Maybe we will eventually be all in one state!

The view from our patio this morning.

And a scene from near our home.
1 comment:
congrats on the new ride and new job!!!! yay! i'm so glad that worked out. keep us posted on how your first days go. i'm sure you'll love it!
tara
Post a Comment