Saturday, March 04, 2006

overdue--

I know, I know, it's been a while since our last update. Maybe I can blame it on the fact that Mallory went out of town to see a friend, and took the camera... or maybe that I was on call a few nights ago and have worked way too much this week... or maybe just that I'm not as inspired to blog as you all are to check our blog... whatever the reason, here's an update:

Mallory went to New Jersey to see his friend Jeff last weekend. It was the first time we were apart for more than one night. He had a great time in Atlantic City, spending time with Jeff, a friend since childhood.


This photo was sent from Jeff's cell phone to our email account, just a few hours after Mallory arrived in Atlantic City.


Mallory and Jeff at our wedding last April.

With many projects on my "to-do" list, I survived. I'm sure you're wondering what those projects were....


Organized my craft room (also known as the closet in the spare room)!


FINALLY hung some wedding pictures on the walls in our bedroom, and numerous other projects such as organizing recipies, cleaning the house, and some R&R!!!

Last night we went out to Famous Dave's BBQ with our friends, Brent and Jenn. Jenn and I lived in the same building during my senior (her sophmore) year at Samford, and I was her RA. Brent also went to Samford, but we didn't know each other.

When we moved to Louisville, we didn't think we knew anyone outside of the two friends we had at seminary, but SURPRISE-- Jenn and Brent were here! What a wonderful, unexpected blessing. Brent is originally from Louisiville, and is in med school at UofL. They also live in the apartment complex adjacent to ours, within walking distance!

We sampled all four different BBQ sauces, and we all had our favorites, but the ribs at Famous Dave's were SO GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Oh that is SO cruel! I guess we'll add BBQ to our list of foods to eat this summer in the US.

We toyed with the idea of taking Greyhound to Iowa this summer, which gives a 45 minute "layover" in Lewy-ville. Doesn't look like we're going to after all, but we'll keep you posted.

Speaking of...thanks for posting! We love reading!

- J and K (but you can guess who wrote this ;)

The Hudgins said...

i'm so glad you're back! i'm obsessed with blogs and check them daily..so nice to see a fresh post (how weird am i!
we miss you guys. glad God is providing friendships for you up there...that's awesome.
love,
asah and tara