
Mallory completed the grooming job on Butler. He looks so much smaller without the Bob Marley dreads. He's adjusting well to our home and getting into a routine.
My friend from Samford, Jenn, now lives in Louisville with her husband, Brent. We have re-united since we discovered we lived 1/4 mile apart, and she came over a few nights ago. Taking advantage of the home health nursing supplies in my car, we pierced her nose.

First, she numbed her nose with ice.

Then, we put a piece of apple in her nose to avoid the needle going in too far! I stuck the needle in and went all the way into the apple. Ouch!

Now, the hard part. Taking the needle out and putting the earring in. Easier than it seems. Jenn worked for a while trying to get that earring through the last part of cartlidge. Beauty carries a price tag!

It was an adventure, but she was pleased with the results. Let's just say they don't teach you to pierce noses in nursing school!
I was inspired by Design on a Dime recently. Notice the "G" pillow. I bought a set of two napkins, ivory ribbon, and red paint. I painted the red "G" on one napkin, then laced the two napkins together with the ribbon, and stuffed it to make a pillow! Easy. Cheap. Elegant. Maybe I'll go into the pillow making business.

We want to send our congratulations to the Hudgins family, who are now three members strong with the recent arrival of baby Jordan. I've had the honor of doing their baby announcements and will be putting them in the mail tomorrow!


Jordan Asah Hudgins
And finally, my friend Kari has attempted to be musical again. I wanted to post this photo to remind her of an attempt we made to teach her guitar in late 2002.

You sound good on the strumstick, Kari! Next time I want to hear you singing with the music!
6 comments:
Good grief, Amy! I don't even know where to start commenting on this post!!!
First, that picture of me with the guitar is still as hysterical as the day you took it.
Secondly, your pillow looks awesome!!! I so have to go buy napkins today. And the baby announcements are cute enough to make me want a baby! Those little footprints!!
Lastly, the nose piercing was great. I would scold you because it really should be done by a professional as the scarring can cause deformities...but I had mine done in a booth on Carnaby Street in London by a guy who spoke no English and taking puffs as he prepared to pierce me! So no room to talk... :)
Excellent post!!
dear amy
thanks for making my birth announcements. i can't wait to meet you,
love,
jordan
Hey Amy,
How's it going? Ash and I were talking tonight about honeymoons...no, I'm not going with Ash and Austin on theirs (although they invited me!!!!), nor are they going with us on ours, but...she said you guys loved California. Wanna write a sister about where you went and stayed, etc.? Could you email me?
Austin said the tickets to Ireland were by 2, get one free!!! ;-)
p.s. both of the previous comments as well as this one were written by Kim on Ash's computer! sshhhh...don't tell her I was on her computer!!! :-) She'd KILL me! I don't know why, but she's so private with her things. I've actually noticed she's quite a bit more selfish than I thought she would be when I agreed to living with her. We even signed a contract about me not touching her things....So...I'm banking that she doesn't read your blog!?!??!!?!!
I am so furious.... I can't believe Kim has gone and done such a thing. We didn't sign a contract for nothing. You have completely broken all trust with me. That is it, I am moving out sometime around May 4.
:0)
Post a Comment