Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Beggars Can't Be Choosy...

So, some of you have asked for an update, and rightfully so. I think this has been the longest stretch in which we have not posted. But you know, there are some bloggers out there who go for months without posting. There are others who have a captivating subject like a foreign country or a cute one-year-old, and they can post photos and stories several times a week. Forget the excuses, here's an update...

This baby is giving us a run for our money!!! I almost wish there were two in there so I could at least justify all this puking! Since about 3 days after our previous post, I have had more intimate encounters with the toilet than I can count. I've called in sick to work many days, and other days I've just pulled over on the side of the road when I "needed a moment". Not to write a sob story, but I haven't been this sick since I had worms in Africa and lost 10 lbs in 5 days.

At my last doctor's appointment, I almost started crying when I stepped on the scale and discovered I had lost 3 lbs. I mean, really, how is my baby going to grow healthy and strong if I am losing weight? But the doc says it's okay--Mother Nature (or I like to say God) designed it so that Baby Gabriel gets all the nutrients first and I get the leftovers. Gee, thanks. But even with the weight loss and lack of eating, the heartbeat is still strong and everything seems to be okay with the little guy or girl.

I will be 14 weeks on Easter Sunday and officially out of the first trimester. I am praying so very hard that I will be able to eat and enjoy it- without a fear of what will and won't stay down. I am also praying that our little one will continue to grow strong and healthy even if mom's not feeling so hot.

So, this may not be the post you were hoping for--before and after pics of the house and a report of Mallory's awesome NEW JOB, but it's the best I can do... for now.

Bloggers, give me some feedback, some encouragement, some prayers. Thanks!

4 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Yay for an update!

Come on now. I'm sure Kentucky has plenty of cultural insights and tidbits for you to share with us!

I'm happy to hear Baby G is doing well, and Mom G is surviving.I'll be praying for that Easter appetite.

The Hudgins said...

pretty soon you'll have a sweet sweet BABY to blog about. and your pregnant...so that's interesting!!!
like magic, at week 14 i stopped hanging out around the toilet and began to enjoy life again. i hope the same for you! asah was so supportive during that time. i say play it up and make mallory go out for all your cravings, etc. asah made countless trips to sonic, taco bell, or wherever my pregnant self "needed" the next craving from.
are you guys finding out if it is a He or a She??

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Amy! The second trimester gets a lot better. You will get your energy back and you do start to gain weight -- this is the only time in my life when I've been glad to actually gain weight :)! I look forward to reading your future updates and we will keep you all posted on the arrival of our little one (only 6 weeks to go - yeah!).

Senegal Daily said...

Official request for photos of Amy (particularly the mid-section).

Signed,

Kari Beth