Sunday, May 06, 2007

Finally!

Many apologies for the time lapse between posts. I think you will be most pleased at the photos and updates below!

For the "before" pictures, look here or here.

Let's start with the pre-move-in painting...










































Ugh! Not one, not two, but THREE layers of wallpaper in the kitchen!





















Thankfully, only one layer in the bathroom... now THAT will wake you up in the morning!





















The master bedroom had no wallpaper, but we removed the carpet and painted the walls. Well, really Mallory removed the carpet and painted the walls. I was pulling the three layers off the kitchen, and couldn't handle the smell of paint.

















Remember the wallpaper mural in the dining room? Well, it took the sheetrock off with it. Mallory had to replaster the wall at midnight before move-in day.



But all the hard work paid off, because our home is now apart of the 21st century!















The Master Bedroom




















The Master Bath (We hope to update the light fixtures this summer.)

















The Living Room (The yellow turned out a little brighter than we thought, but oh well.)






















The view from the living room into the dining area.

















Our kitchen. We now have curtains, thanks to my mom and grandma.















The Guest Bedroom
























We've even had time to do a little yard work. Oh, the joys of owning a home!

For other updates: We have an ultrasound scheduled on May 16 to find out if this growing belly holds a boy or girl! We'll post pictures of the little guy or girl shortly, and maybe even some of this ever expanding waistline!!

Mallory is working full-time for a company called Bankers Life & Casualty, selling Medicare supplements, annuities and long-term care insurance. He really likes it so far, and it's been a blessing!

Stay tuned for more updates.... coming very soon!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Awesome pictures! I like the colors of paint you chose. Hope all is well!

Senegal Daily said...

It looks great! The after, I mean :)

I love the green you chose for the kitchen and the 'window' in your living room. You guys are very creative and have excellent taste.

We'll definitely be back in nine days for more updates (but to be honest, I check your a couple times a week anyway).

The Hudgins said...

dear mal and amy:
beautiful home!
amy can i hire you to come decorate ours? with a toddler running around i just cant' find the time to get things like i want em. cannot WAIT to find out what lil gabriel will be...b or g?!?! my gut says boy...hmmm. we'll see.
love you guys.
the hudgins

Senegal Daily said...

Mal, you did a great job posing for the pics. You make it strategically appear as if you did all the work rather than Amy ;)
-J

Kari said...

Hey Amy! Your house looks great. What a job! I've been slow to check blogs lately. I didn't know you were having a boy!! Yea, I am so excited for ya'll. I hope you are feeling lots better now. Sounds like you had a great birthday. That was so sweet of Mallory. Btw, I can identify with the whole wedding registry stuff. How is the world am I supposed to pick out stuff when I don't know where we are living yet! I finally updated my blog for you :) I want to try to see you soon. I am going back home a lot when I'm not working, but when I'm here we'll have to do lunch. Oh yeah, I got my wedding dress which is exciting :)