Thursday, May 21, 2009

John Mark update


I thought I should do a post on how John Mark is doing with all the changes in our family. First of all, he has learned the word "gentle". Every time he touches Baby Amelia, he says, "Gentle, gentle..." I am glad that he is starting to understand this concept, but I fear that he thinks her name is Gentle. I suppose it will be easier to correct her name than a rough manner later.



He loves to play outside! About 10-15 times a day, he'll run to the door and point. Or, he'll bring you his shoes. Why would anyone wear shoes unless they are going outside? He is now tall enough to open the patio door, so we've had to be cautious about keeping it locked. He can say the word outside, but it sounds like "ice".
Right after we got home from the hospital- his first real encounter with Baby Amelia
John Mark loves horses. A few weeks ago I posted a video where he said the word horse repeatedly. We're not sure how he learned it, other than pictures in his books. When we drive to Louisville, we pass though many horse farms before getting to the interstate. He is constantly on the lookout for horses, and can usually spot them before me. He really enjoys this rocking horse from Gigi and Grandpa.




No comments: