Monday, April 19, 2010

Shopping Trip, Albertsons & Publix

I got lots of positive feedback last time when I posted about my couponing. I am also doing a coupon class at the Titus 2 Mom's meeting at our church next month. So, this post is primarily to serve as a reference for that class, but also for all you who want to see how I have been doing with coupons.


Tonight I went to Albertsons and Publix. Here are the breakdowns from each store:


Publix Shopping Trip



2 6-packs V8 V-Fusion juice (we love this stuff!): on sale 2/$6 + I used 2 $1/1 coupons = 2/$4 or $2 for each 6-pack


2 boxes of V8 soup: on sale 2/$5 + I used $1/2 coupons = 2/$4 or $2 each


Orchard Select Fruit Jars: on sale for 2/$5 + I used one BOGO (buy one, get one) from the Vocalpoint mailer + another $1/1 = $1.50 for 2 jars or $0.75 each


Tang: $2.99 This was not on sale nor did I have a coupon. I am potty training John Mark this week and this is my "juice" to get him to go often.


Total: $12.70

Total Savings: $13.14


Albertson's Shopping Trip



This little boy was not for sale at Albertson's. He just wanted to be in the picture. ;)


Hunt's Tomatoes: on sale $1.99 BOGO + I used $1/4 coupon = $3/4 cans


1 6 oz container Dannon plain yogurt: not on sale but I plan to use it in my next batch of homemade yogurt = $0.80


Tropicana Orange Juice and Pomagranate Blueberry Juice: on sale 2/$5 + I used $1/1 coupon = 2/$4


Yoplait YoPlus Yogurt (4-pack): On sale BOGO + I had a coupon for a FREE one (from buying Dannon Activia and mailing in the UPC and reciept) + I used $1/1 coupon = FREE + $1 in overage!!!


Frozen Broccoli and Frozen Peas: on sale $1.79 BOGO (no coupon, I was really buying these for Amelia because I am pushing table food with her now) = $0.90 each


GE light bulbs: on sale $3.49 BOGO + I used 2 $1/1 coupons = $1.49 for 2 or $0.75 each for 4-pack


Beechnut Stage 3 Baby Food Jars: $0.85 each + I used 2 FREE coupons I got from work = FREE


Beechnut Yogurt Snacks: $2.99 + I used FREE Beechnut product coupon I got from signing up for progam = FREE


I also used a $5/30 coupon from Winn-Dixie (Albertson's and Publix will take these competitor coupons). Some of the items I would not have normally bought but I wanted to reach my $30 so they were "filler" items.


Total: $10.79

Total Savings: $33.40

1 comment:

Mrs. T. said...

Good job, Amy! Every $1 saved is about $2-3 earned.