Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Countdown to my 30th Birthday: Day 1

Today, on my 30th birthday, I can think of so many things to correlate with the number one.


One man I love. One husband I adore. One marriage I will esteem high above all other earthly relationships.


One reason I live. To glorify God alone. I can do so many things with my life (be a mother, a wife, a nurse, a sewer, a crafter) but none of these will amount to anything eternal without Christ being my sole reason for existence. He alone is worth living (and dying) for!


So many times I have thought of deleting this blog, thinking no one reads it or has an interest in our lives. Then, I hear of someone reading it and catching up with our family or reading our updates. But now I know there are many people reading this, that I can see through the sitemeter, but I don't know who you are!


On this birthday of mine, I would ask the one thing you give me would be a comment on this post, telling me who you are. Even if you've commented before, it would make this day all the sweeter!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, we love you very much. I am so proud of you, you have grown up to be the Godly woman that any parent would be glad to call daughter. Hold the cours, Hold on to your faith and family, God will continue to bless. Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Amy!!! May God continue to bless you and your family. Jamie in Madison

Andrea said...

I'm reading! It helps me feel less disconnected from life in the States to be able to see photos of your kids and your life and hear about your latest craft project. And I've LOVED the countdowns (anniversary and birthday)! Happy, happy birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30's club! Michelle in...all over the place. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I love your blog. I look forward each evening to checking for an update. This is a great way for our family to keep up with your daily life. It makes us feel that we are not so far away. So, keep it up. Happy big 30 birthday. We will see you soon. My countdown is seven days.I love you, MOM

Mrs. T. said...

I read at least a few times each week and am so enjoying getting to know you better both here and in T2M. Have a wonderful birthday. 30 years old...hard to believe I'm almost 25 years older than you! :)

Ashley said...

Happy birthday!!!

Bonnie said...

Happy birthday, Amy! You don't know me, but I found your blog through Kari Masson's blog (who also doesn't know me, but we went to the same college and I started reading her blog when it was featured in our alumni magazine a long time ago). I hope you have a wonderful day! 30 is awesome! So much better than the 20s in my opinion!

Bonnie in Flowery Branch, GA

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Amy~ I pray that this birthday is an extra special one. You know that we love reading your blog and keeping up with your precious family. You guys mean so much to us, despite how bad we are at keeping in touch. I am SO THANKFUL for your blog to aid in that. Keep posting and encouraging and challenging your readers. We are here and are amazed at how you do all that you do! You wear many hats, yet wear them all so beautifully. Happy Birthday, friend. May you be blessed with more of Christ as you turn the page on another year of life. You are loved!

Paige said...

Hey Amy! Happy Birthday! It's Paige, Delaine's cousin and Mallory's 2nd(?) cousin. I love to read about what's going on in the Gabriel world in Orlando! And I like to see how sweet Amelia is growing seeing that my Allison is just behind her in age.
You have a sweet spirit and I look forward to meeting you one day---if I can ever get my wonderful husband to FL! HA! I may just have to bring baby girl.
Happy Birthday!

Delaine Gabriel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMYYYYYYY..HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO GG

Katie Nalls said...

Happy Birthday Amy!!! I enjoy being able to keep up with your family from Moz. Your kiddos are adorable.
Love,
Katie

S and K said...

Happy Birthday! 30 is so young isn't it? I used it think I'd be old when I was 30, haha. Hope you have a great day. And since I learned that you live so close to Disney we're coming for a visit when you get settled in a house :)

Jennifer Land said...

I love and cherish you (and this blog)! Jen

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Amy! Remember when we led music for a meeting in Joburg and we were the "Africa Chicks"? That was fun. I enjoy your blog and enjoy seeing your beautiful family. God Bless you on your Birthday!

~allison~ said...

Happy Birthday! I always love seeing what you guys are up to. Your blog is actually what jump started my new (well, it's been a year now) couponing endeavors!! I remember you posting about all the baby wipes that you stocked up on just before Amelia was born and I was hooked! Thanks again for blessing us with the baby gifts! I use all three of them frequently! I actually forgot to take the sling to the grocery store today and found myself pulling/pushing two buggies through the store....one for groceries and one for babies! I will now think twice before leaving for the store again! Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

Paulastiefer said...

Amy, it's always good to see what you all are doing and how things are going. I don't know if you remember me, but I was at MLC with you and Mallory.
Your blog is always a blessing and an inspiration.

Paula Stiefer Mora

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!!

I love you blog!!! Happy 30th!! So glad to know you!!

Lots of love,hugs, and prayers...

Stephanie:)

Laura said...

Hey Amy! I LOVE reading your blog and watching your family grow and change! Such a beautiful family, and I'm thankful to have known both you and Mallory from pre-family until now! :) I hope you had a wonderful 30th birthday! Tell Mallory I said hello! Love ya, girl!

Laura