Three is for the number of homes. We have owned two homes (one in Louisville, one in Madison), and are currently trying to buy a home here in Orlando. When I planned this series, I thought we would have a house under contract. However, in God's sovereignty, we have made three offers in the last six weeks and all three have fallen through, for one reason or another. So, I thought I'd highlight the two homes we have owned and the one home (which I'm sure is out there, somewhere) we hope to buy.
Our first home was in Louisville. We closed on our home on the morning of February 14, and that afternoon I went to see my OB who, nine months later, delivered John Mark. This home needed to be brought into the 21st century- ripped down three layers of wallpaper, updated bathrooms, kitchens, the whole she-bang! It was a ton of work, but we had a blast doing it!
We later bought a home in Madison, Indiana. This home needed much less work- just a little paint, mainly. This was a great home for ministry and for life in general. I really loved this home- so many great memories there.
We hope to buy a house here, hopefully soon. I'd love a house I could move into without having to do anything at first. I know there will always be projects and such that we want to do, but I would love to not HAVE to do anything. Join us in praying for this to come to fruition in the Lord's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment