Four is the number of states I've lived in SINCE being married to Mallory. (I could do the states I've lived in my entire life, but that would be five and I needed something to fill the number four!)- Louisiana (We lived in New Orleans for a few short months of 2005. Mallory was in seminary there and after Hurricane Katrina we moved.)
- Kentucky (We moved to Kentucky after Katrina. Mallory continued seminary at Southern in Louisville.)
- Indiana (We moved to Madison, Indiana in December of 2007. Mallory was the youth minister at a church there, and we stayed until June 2009.)
- Florida (Our current home. We moved here from Indiana in late June 2009.)
I could also add Alabama to the list, where I lived until I left for Africa at the age of 22.
Also, I have had four church homes (outside of visiting churches in college, and the time we joined a church the week before Katrina hit-I don't count that as a church home because it was too short).
- Hillview Baptist Church, Birmingham, Alabama (I grew up in this church, was saved and baptized there).
- First Baptist Church, Prospect, Kentucky (This church welcomed us with open arms after the hurricane. They were our family in Louisville and showered us with love and hospitality.)
- Ryker's Ridge Baptist Church, Madison, Indiana (This is where Mallory served as Youth Pastor. They were also a very loving church family that brought us in without hesitiation. We will always treasure our time at RRBC.)
- Orlando Grace Church, Altamonte Springs, Florida (Our current church home, and an answer to prayer. We knew moving back to Florida would be a huge step of faith, and we asked God to provide a church home for us even before we moved. He was so faithful. We are so blessed to be part of this fellowship each week.)
Tomorrow: Countdown of numbers 3 and 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment