Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Countdown to my 30th Birthday: Day 9

9 is the number of hours I live away from my parents, grandparents and most aunts/uncles/cousins. When we started the process to move back towards family, we had to choose between Birmingham and Orlando. This was a really hard decision for us. We visited both cities and researched housing prices, jobs and churches. We prayed and prayed... a lot.

So, although my parents are 9 (or more, when the kids are screaming!) hours aways, I am thankful that they are within a day's drive, they live close enough to visit often, and I can call them for free. Compared to living in Africa and having to pay outrageous fees to call home and then deal with the international delay, or paying by the minute for a 32K dial-up internet connection, this is so much better! We miss them much, but are grateful for modern technology that makes 9 hours feel like so much less!

No comments: