Monday, June 28, 2010

Stephanie's Shower

The shower was scheduled for Saturday at 10 am. On Friday evening around 5 pm, it started to get really warm in the house. Mallory had been mowing the yard and I thought it was because John Mark had left the door open. However, when it failed to cool off, we realized our air was out! I was freaking out!!!!! Can you imagine 17 women in a home without AC on a day that was pushing 100 degrees?!?!? PRAISE THE LORD that Mal's dad had a friend who was able to come to our home at 11 pm on Friday night to fix the air. So, not only was it cool again for the shower, but the kids slept well through the night and didn't wake up hot. Thank you, Jesus, for AC!


Here's a few pics from the shower:
The "LAWSON" bags were a game we played. Each bag contained a baby care item and we guessed each one. It was a fun game and really interesting (and funny) to hear some guesses from different generations! It also gave Steph a lot of little essentials.

Steph with her mother and stepmother, who both came from out of town for the shower.
We also had the ladies write Steph a note of encouragement on a mailing label. They then stuck each label to a diaper and we put them in a special bag. Steph has been instructed to use these only in the middle of the night, exhausted-new-mommy diaper changes. I hope it will really encourage her during those first few hard days. I got both game ideas from my friend Jenn Duncan's shower in Louisville.

Gifts, gifts and more gifts. The ladies in the church were so generous to her!

Karen Person made the cake and the punch. She was a tremendous help!

It was a blast having this shower! I think I may have had more fun than the honored guest!

2 comments:

Delaine Gabriel said...

I am so proud to have you for my daughter in love!! Everything looked beautiful!!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Great shower! You are a wonderful hostess. . . I want to be like you :)