I have scheduled this post to run during Steph's shower, so she won't see what her gift is beforehand. I had SO MUCH FUN making all this stuff! I commented to Mallory that it made me want another baby.... his response was, "Pack up the sewing machine! Throw away the fabric! Stop what you are doing!!!" Hahaha... maybe one day, but not soon. Shoot, we are still paying for Amelia's birth (not that she isn't worth it, by any means!).
Anyways, on to Stephanie's baby girl....

I got these onesies at a consignment store for $1-2 each! I added some special details to make them ADORABLE!!!

This was some eyelet I've had for years- I think I remember my mother having it, so it must have come from her house when I moved out and first started sewing again.

I used a lot of stitchwitchery to keep this eyelet down on the front. Didn't want it to fly up in lawson's little face and irritate the poor girl.

This onesie came from Mallory's great grandmothers home (the one who passed away last October). She had five identical ones, which makes me think they weren't handmade, but I'm not sure about that- so I chose one to go on this onesie for Lawson. I want to do one for Amelia, too!

This trim came from my Granny's house, I think. Both of my grandmothers gave me a good bit of their fabric/trim last time we were in Birmingham, and I"m so thankful to have a wider variety to choose from now!
A car seat canopy. Steph ordered this Micheal Miller Fabric from Etsy and I sewed the canopy. I really like these, esp for hot states, like Florida. Gotta keep those fair skinned babies outta the sun!
Also made bibs- this one is backed with brown cordoroy- a pair of Mal's old pants. The flower is also cordoroy, which I am hoping will fray over time and have a nice look.

All three bibs-
one on the left is backed with denim. One in the middle is backed with a towel.
A travel diaper caddy. Made from a Dollar Tree placemat and the Micheal Miller fabric. I was super excited about this because I wasn't sure how to make the placemat and fabric merge without raw edges.... but I thought it through and did lots of pinning (Grandma, you would be so proud!). And it turned out PERFECT! I was thrilled!!!!

The diaper caddy- all folded up.
I am also making her a sling from this micheal miller fabric, but want to wait until the post-partum stage to measure her so it fits well.
More pics of the shower to come soon!
Oh, and for those of you who only read my blog to see pics of the kids (eeehhhmmmm...... grandparents!)- John Mark's eyelid is now bruised green and less swollen. Amelia had roseola and the rash is fading now. But, she is cutting two teeth! Poor baby!
2 comments:
I was just about to email you to be sure and post the lovely gifts you made for the shower. Show some of the decorations --napkin rings, butterflies and cake, too. They were so pretty.
You are amazing, Amy G!
Post a Comment