I've been purging my closet of clothes that I no longer like or wear, and found a denim skirt that was perfect for this project. I saw the tutorial here and fell in love with this idea. My friend Stephanie is having a baby girl, Lawson, in August, and I've started making things for her. She made the incredible ladybug cake for Amelia's birthday party (yes, she rolled out fondant and made all that at 7 months pregnant. WOW.)
I made the Denim Corsage from this site and pinned it on the bib. It can go either side, and the bib is completely washable, but I probably wouldn't wash the corsage, just because it would ravel greatly.
Would love to know your thoughts on this bib.... like it? love it? hate it? Should I sell them? how much?
2 comments:
How did you make the button in the middle of the flower? I've made one bib so far but still working on the flower.
Dalila,
I made the button with one of those button cover kits. I got mine at Walmart. You could use a regular button- I just didn't have on that matched in my stash and had this kit. I really like the way it turned out. The orginal tutorial suggested sewing beads/pearls on, but I didn't want to that on something for a baby- chocking hazard. :)
Good luck- can't wait to see pics of yours!
Post a Comment