Although we have been working a lot on the house, it's still got a long way to go. But, I know many of you are anxious to see photos, so I thought I'd post a few of the rooms that are coming along nicely. I often walk by them and smile, knowing that it is only by God's grace that we are here, in this home that we don't deserve. So, with a very thankful heart, I give you a glimpse of our new home.
The sewing room/office. I love the fabric on the bookcases. I'll share more next week about how I bolted most of my fabric for prettier display.
The pantry shelves in our laundry room. This shocking shade of yellow is screaming to be painted more neutral- maybe next month that will happen. I love the baskets on the shelves. It not only contains small, loose items, but it conceals items that I may not want my family to eat.... like chocolate!

We replaced the blue/lime green floor in this bathroom, and the blue toilet, but we are living with a blue sink and tub until our budget allows for more rennovations. But that's okay. I've learned over the years to work with what you can't change.... like in our home in Louisville when we covered a massive stain on the hardwood floors with a rug, or when we made a curtain to match the yellow bathroom vanity, etc. So, we are going to do a Rubber Duckie bathroom with yellow and blue. My mother and my mother-in-law have contributed to this room by picking up rubber duckie items over the past few months, and I can't wait for it to all come together soon. I may actually like the blue sink and tub when it's all done!

John Mark's room. We moved him to a "big boy bed", and these bunkbeds were actually Mallory's (and his brother, Kyle's) when they were little. To recieve them from Mallory's parents was both a practical and sentimental gift. I love this airplane bedding we found at Kmart. It is boyish enough for our almost-three-year-old, but yet still juvenile and just plain cute!
(Yes, we do have a ladder for the bunkbeds, but it is kept in the closet and it only to be used under supervision. We have two incredible climbers in our home!)
5 comments:
Did you move the sewing machine since I was there an hour ago???? I could swear it was on the right, as you walk into the room!! I don't think you ever sit down:-)
yes, i moved it after you left. i had been planning on it for a while, i think it opens it up more. but i may move it back.... you know me!
I love it. I felt exactly the same way when we moved into our house and have been SO grateful to be here as well.
http://mrststhoughtsfromatitus2mom.blogspot.com/2009/11/giving-thanks-thanksgiving-internet.html
Your own sewing room! I can't wait to see what comes out of that!
Sure, I'd love to promote your stuff. Do you want me to mention it before I "review" something, or review something and promote your stuff at the same time? Either works.
If you want to mail me something over here, let me know and I'll fb you my address. If you want to mail them to TX in October, someone could probably bring it over for me.
What do I get to review? Oooh, my first review! I feel like a "real" blogger!
Oh, and you better not send me any of that Florida gator crud or anything maroon and white with elephants on it. None of that business, please, or you'll be getting a bad review! :-)
Post a Comment