Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Design on a Dime

So, I'm sure you were sitting on pins and needles waiting to see our new home, now that everything is decorated and in its place. I found a huge bargain at Linens N Things and went to town on making some curtains out of bedsheets. I also dressed up some plain lampshades and made some throw pillows! Boy, does this place look good with color! I've had HGTV on the entire duration of my seamstress activity (except when Mallory was home and refused to watch it) and the "Design on a Dime" show kept me inspired.

My man of the house graciously hung the curtains and kept the Diet Cokes coming while I sewed. What a hunk!

So here you have it, a virtual tour of the Gabriel apartment. Please, come in.

Our living room/dining room area. The french doors open to a patio where Mallory often grills. Since we are on the first floor, we have a small yard to enjoy as well. (I'll try to take photos of that during the day.)

The kitchen. Can I say again how much I LOVE an automatic ice maker?!?!?

And down the hall you will find the bedrooms.

The guest room and Mallory's study. The daybed has a trundle which we have already enjoyed using for guests.

The master bedroom, complete with elegant lampshades and a new curtain. We do plan to put some more decor on the walls in here, eventually.

So, when should we expect you to arrive?

1 comment:

Senegal Daily said...

WOW!!

That looks so cozy, homey, and American! I love it. You did a great job, Amy. You too, Mallory - keeping the machine fueled is very important. I'm going to have to find this HGTV thing online. SOunds too good to miss!
- K